Sunday, January 8, 2017

Chalkboard Card Using Rubber Stamps

Chalkboard signs are pretty popular these days.  With black card stock, rubber stamps, and a white stamp pad, you can make a chalkboard card!  


You only need a blank card and a few supplies.  Choose a cute rubber stamp, or rubber stamp set, black card stock (mine is textured), and a white rubber stamp ink pad.

 
Isn't he cute?




I recommend practicing on a scrap piece of paper.  As you can see, I didn't apply enough pressure the first time I stamped the snowman, so needed to press down harder to get the desired result.  My tree was easier and did fine the first try.


Position your stamps the way you want-either a single stamp, or a set that creates a cute scene. I made my picture, and added a slightly smaller piece of black card stock with words on it below the picture.  For a touch of color, I added a red ribbon to the bottom of the picture.


A couple of other stamps in white on black.  This combination can be so much fun!  Simple, but super cute too!  

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know they made white ink pads. Does this one have a shimmer? I was curious because of the name of the color. Regardless, I'm going to have to try this for a few "quick" cards when I want to do something handmade but I don't have several hours to cut and position pieces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, no it doesn't. For these cards, it kind of nice that it doesn't so it sticks with the true chalkboard look.

      Delete